<meta name='google-adsense-platform-account' content='ca-host-pub-1556223355139109'/> <meta name='google-adsense-platform-domain' content='blogspot.com'/> <!-- --><style type="text/css">@import url(https://www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;} </style> </head><body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/10210118?origin\x3dhttp://rex-0.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Anywhere - Rop Ferendez





Credits - Aimran, Aimran, Aimran, and Deon.
Please view myspace and add more plays!
MYSPACE!
EXPERIENCES

Thursday, March 19, 2009

My Secondary School, Manjusri.
My form teacher for Sec. 4 told us that
"Secondary School's Friends are the closest among all schools you attended".

~~~~~~~~~~~

I was an average playful kid when I was a little kid, around primary school time, let's say 12.
Before that, I was in Haig Boys' School.
Due to the merger of Three Schools - Haig Boys', Fowlie and Mountbatten Primary, there comes Tanjong Katong Primary School.
I was the pioneer batch of TKPS. And making friends within a year is quite okay.
4 of us were good friends at the time.
Two of us were from Haig Boys', and Two of them were from Fowlie, we're all in the same class.
And, luckily we found each other by chance and have each other contacts now.
But now, we didn't really meet up much and even chat online.
......
......
I had quite a low average score for PSLE - 190.


~~~~~~~~~~~

I went to the last class for Secondary One Express Class.
I was in the CCA - Choir.
And naturally, those who make it to Secondary Two Express Class, was moved up to the same class.
During Sec 1, I had a good friend, who just met by chance, who just sat beside me on the first day of school. And surprisingly, we're quite a neighbour in a sense - the area we lived.
Secondary Two was the streaming year and I was shocked on my results.

I went to the Top Class - Triple Science Class. A combination of 8 Subjects.
Only a few of us are in the same class. The rest are the second and third class.
And then moving on the Secondary Four and finally to finish Secondary School life.

After finishing our O levels, we had a class chalet. 80% of the people are there.
The following year, we had a class chalet again! Yes! 40% of the people are there.
And no more meet ups.

If someone asked me who I hang out with during Sec 3 and 4, I really don't know who to answer. Because no one shares the same mentality, same ideas or anything that is similar. Everyone's just.... different from me.
....
....
The results are out.
L1B4 - 13 Points.
L1B5 - 18 Points.

As I was also a Prefect, and a Choir Member who had 2 Silvers in SYF.
I had an A for CCA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My vision is clear at that point in time. I only have one direction in mind and I'm gonna go in.

Diploma in Music & Audio Technology (DMAT)

Despite I know nuts about Music... I still want to pursue it.

My first mentality is to be a Performer who rock out. I even plan out what I want to do during these years.
I wanted to learn Guitar, both strumming and tabs. I want to learn Keyboard and master it. Follow by Drums, and then the Electric Bass.
I even planned which year I learn what and so forth. But talk is cheap.

There're 40 people per batch. And there are two classes - 20 each. And four groups - 10 each.

During my first year, I was shy. Typically not open to people yet. I didn't blend well then. I was mixing with some of my other Secondary School friends who are in some form of a "club". I'm not so into what they are doing, but I just hang out with them.
Time to time, I realise that I can't manage to keep up with them. They are more to the "Gang" side. It's kinda like a personal conflict. And so there I go, never contacted them again.
Fun was all I had in mind, but still, learning in class

During this second year, I became more open. My mentality still stays the same. It's said that this year is the most fun year because of "Performance", "Live Sound". It's almost like 80% of the time both classes are together, so it's really fun.
And this time, chemistry really starts to build up between DMATs and we're very happy with one another. Almost all. =)
But what I realised is that, I'm not really a performer. I can't do it well because I don't have the skills to do so. So my mentality changed after this year.

Now my mentality is.... to be a good songwriter, a good sound engineer, and an arranger.
That leads on to my Portfolio Development.

During my final year, seriously speaking, it's one of my favourite years. Due to various reasons.

(1) It's the modules they teach. Songwriting and Arranging! What I wanted!
(2) Portfolio Development! - to do songs SERIOUSLY to quite a professional level.
(3) The time WE spend in school.
(4) The values I learnt during this year.

Oh, we all hate one module - Processes in Asian Music. haha, and it's funny to see the whole course hating one module. Everyone knows what they like and dislike. And the whole GENIUS thingy. haha.
During this year, many of us come up with many Portfolios, different songs, different products. And watching almost everyone who presented makes me feel happy. The good thing about us is that, all of us like different stuff, but the same common thing - which is MUSIC.

I really miss those times where I came to school early and then stay all the way till lab closes.
Together with some friends.

Despite it's very tiring, I really enjoyed this period in life during DMAT. Get to do what you like, get to hang out with friends together. We've developed a family among ourselves. =)

And last but not least, the values I learnt during my last year. Though I'm not learning so much, still, I'm learning. For what I've changed - My Brother can vouch for me. And what I've not changed, for the bad stuffs - I'll change it in time. Well, and all the stuffs that makes me - me, just keeping it till I'm over with it.

Brother, thanks.

I've become someone stronger and better.

Despite over the first two years I screwed up, I'm very satisfied with my last year. I had a 3.2 GPA for my last year. Compared to my first two years, it's a big difference!

But, I have a 2.7 GPA for overall. And someone said to me...
We don't have music background, and getting some like this is good enough.

Well, it's true. Having music background starts from young. And then I was satisfied with my results. It's well-deserved.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm gonna miss DMAT for sure. 100%. 200%! Unspeakable!
I'll miss my DMAT life more than any educational life I had.
Because you people in DMAT make me realise the music I made, is different.
And what we all do, is different, but we have something that is the same - The passion for Music.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, some of us are meeting up for Gym tomorrow. I wonder what we'll be after NS, will we still keep in touch???

Who knows, but whatever happens, God wills.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once you set a goal, you don't have to score it. But you'll definitely score something, or even something better along the way.

I miss DMATs. Meet up soon guys! =)

Labels: ,


Diary @ 3/19/2009 03:11:00 AM;


REX
ROP FERENDEZ
Humanity
Hey, welcome to my blog.
There's nothing much I could write here.
But you could share your views with me.
Maybe you could change mine, and vice versa.
I hope that I could maintain Humanity within my peers.
And my peers could do that to his/her peers, and so on.
For one word that I wish the world for is....
Peace

TAG